Design Thinking has been a great innovation tool for almost 20 years now.
And while a beloved technique, many argue about the three significant deficiencies: Lack of an exact ideation technique, how to create the actual ideas, weak market validation as there is no clear advice to in-market validation, and no concept about the follow on execution, i.e., how to get the necessary funding or more importantly bringing the innovation successfully to market.
BlueCallom decided to extend the Design Thinking model with methods to overcome the old deficiencies with everything we learned from the Deep Innovation Design method. Step 3 | Ideation is extended by leveraging the Neuro Ideation method. Step 5 | Testing is augmented with the Market Validation method from Deep Innovation Design, and we added a 6th step: Implementation. That guides innovation, business transformation, or designer teams to make better decisions on how to bring their solution successfully to market.
- A quick intro to what Design Thinking is
- The three key elements that had been missing
- Clear concept of how to create ideas
- How to best validate ideas and to finance innovation
- How to bring it successfully to market
- Extended Design Thinking has those three key questions covered
- How to use Extended Design Thinking
- Technology that supports it
In this Thought Leadership Series event, understand how BlueCallom is used to manage a complete Design Thinking project. By applying the lateral thinking model on the digital canvases, innovation teams can go far more profound in their thinking and will bring forward truly disruptive innovation in less than 3 weeks.
Here you find more of the monthly Thought Leader Series.